Future Network – a network for physiotherapist students and early career professionals
Call for Network Facilitators
Are you passionate about physiotherapy, interested in making a difference by representing your region, and connecting with the global physiotherapy community?
If you are a student or early career physiotherapist with energy and enthusiasm to engage with others, World Physiotherapy Future has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you as a network facilitator.
As a network facilitator, you will have a chance to:
- represent your region on the world stage
- contribute to discussions in the profession
- help amplify the voice of physiotherapy students and early career professionals
- create engaging social media
- develop your career and contacts with the global physiotherapy profession. World Physiotherapy Future is seeking facilitators from the following WorldPhysiotherapy regions:
- Africa: 2 Facilitators
- Asia Western Pacific: 1 Facilitator
- Europe: 1 Facilitator
- North America Caribbean: 1 Facilitators
The Future Network is for physiotherapy students and early career professionals. The aim of the network is to engage physiotherapist students and early career professionals with World Physiotherapy and their member organisations, encouraging, promoting and facilitating the interchange of ideas and activities of common interest.
All World Physiotherapy member organisations within the Africa, Asia Western Pacific, Europe and North America Caribbean regions and World Physiotherapy social media channels.
We are seeking recommendations for individuals from World Physiotherapy member organisations and applications from individuals who need to have the support of their World Physiotherapy member organisation.
Recommend/support individuals who could take on a leadership role within the network. More than one recommendation is welcomed from any organisation and World Physiotherapy will appoint from among the recommendations/applications.
Complete the online survey; https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BFLMJ66. Responses are required by 29 January 2021.
Please contact Rachael Thomson at World Physiotherapy firstname.lastname@example.org
- support the network by contacting and engaging with student physiotherapists and early career professionals in their region
- serve for a period of 2 years, renewable for one further period of 2 years (ie no more than 4 years in total)
- be an active contributor on World Physiotherapy Future’s social media platforms
- be available to contribute to regular teleconferencesPerson specification:
- physiotherapy student or early career professional (see definitions below)
- active, effective and professional engagement with their World Physiotherapy memberorganisation, where eligible for membership
- good connections and engagement with other physiotherapy students and early careerprofessionals
- active and effective communicator on social media platforms, specifically Facebook,Twitter and/or Instagram
- track record of delivering projects on time and gaining the support of others
- DefinitionsStudentStudents enrolled on a physiotherapy professional entry level programme:
- who, where eligible, are members of World Physiotherapy member organisation as a student member; and/or
- who are eligible to join the national World Physiotherapy member organisation once qualified
- Early career professional
- Early career physiotherapist with less than 6 years’ experience and a member of a national World Physiotherapy member organisation.
- Find more information on the Future Network:Website: https://world.physio/networks/students-early-career Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WorldPhysioFuture Twitter: https://twitter.com/WPhysioFuture